The Resource Lewis R. A. Robinson letters, 1862-1863
- Lewis R. A. Robinson letters, 1862-1863
- Inclusive dates
- Fredericksburg, Battle of, Fredericksburg, Va., 1862
- Burnside, Ambrose E., (Ambrose Everett), 1824-1881
- Robinson family
- Personal papers
- Stafford County (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Fredericksburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Mud -- Virginia | Stafford County
- Robinson, Eliza, b. ca. 1808
- Robinson, Lewis R. A., (Lewis Richard Ashurst), 1843-1907
- Letters (correspondence)
- Rain and rainfall -- Virginia | Stafford County
- Soldiers. -- Pennsylvania | Philadelphia
- United States
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Casualties
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Letters, 1862-1863, from Lewis R. A. Robinson (1843-1907), Company A, 1st Pennsylvania Reserve Corps (30th Pennsylvania Infantry), near Fredericksburg, Virginia, to his mother Eliza Robinson (b. ca. 1808) and his sisters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, consisting of a letter, late December 1862 or early January 1863, describing the fighting Robinson experienced during the battle of Fredericksburg; and a letter, 2[6?] January 1863, describing the war's effect on Robinson and detailing the Army of the Potomoc during Burnside's Mud March, including taunting by the Confederate army
- Biographical or historical data
- Lewis Richard Ashurst Robinson was born 10 June 1843 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joshua Robinson and Eliza Engels Robinson (b. ca. 1808). When the Civil War began he enlisted in Company, 1st Regiment, Pennsylvania Reserve Corps, which became the 30th Pennsylvania Infantry. Robinson saw action during the war, serving until wounded at Bethesda Church on 30 May 1864. He was discharged soon after and returned to Philadelphia. After the war, Robinson worked as a brass finisher, a gas fitter, and a foreman. Robinson and his wife Mary (b. 1846) had nine children. Robinson died 30 May 1907 in Philadelphia.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- See also: Lewis R. A. Robinson Letters (Accession 51552).
ContextContext of Lewis R. A. Robinson letters, 1862-1863
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Lewis R. A. Robinson letters, 1862-1863
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/s5d64QQfV68/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/s5d64QQfV68/">Lewis R. A. Robinson letters, 1862-1863</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...