The Resource Bond family papers, 1839-1905
- Bond family papers, 1839-1905
- Inclusive dates
- Bond family
- Frederick County (Va.) -- Commerce -- 19th century
- Bond, John L., (John Lupton), 1837-1914
- Bond, Abner, 1801-1884
- Chesterfield Boarding School (Chesterfield County, Va.)
- General store -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Frederick County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Students -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Boarding schools -- Virginia | Chesterfield County
- Account books
- Merchants -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Papers, 1839-1905, of the Bond family of Frederick County, Virginia, principally consisting of account books, diaries, school notebooks, and receipts. Items primarily concern John L. Bond (1837-1914) and his father Abner Bond (1801-1884), general store merchants in Frederick County, Virginia
- MISC. REEL 193. This reel contains an eight page daily diary, 1871, kept by John L. Bond and noting work activities on his farm and orchard, social events and funerals attended, and Lupton and Bond family happenings. There is also a daily account book, 1888-1904, of John L. Bond's general store noting customer accounts and listing name, items sold, and the price. At the back of the volume are receipts, 1900-1905, noting the purchase of various goods and services by John L. Bond
- MISC. REEL 195. Comprises an account book, 1839-1849, of a general store owned by Abner Bond containing customer's name, items purchased, and amount paid. At the back of this volume there are also school notes, n.d., for an unidentified Bond family member. This reel also contains a Chesterfield Boarding School notebook, 1855, of an unidentified Bond family student containing math word problems. At the front of this notebook are three pages of accounts, 1851, noting general store merchandise bought by John Bond. Also contained herein is an account book, 1857-1887, of a general store owned by the Bond family and noting customer purchases and the amount paid
- Biographical or historical data
- John Lupton Bond was born on 4 January 1837, the son of Abner and Mary Beal Bond of Frederick County, Virginia. He owned a large farm containing an orchard and also owned a general store. He married Ann M. Lupton on 7 September 1873 and had six children. His father Abner Bond was born 10 October 1801, the son of John Bond (1775-1854) and Rachel Lupton Bond.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals, which are owned by the Winchester-Frederick County Historical Society, are located in Handley Regional Library in Winchester, Virginia.
ContextContext of Bond family papers, 1839-1905
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bond family papers, 1839-1905
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/s6y3WjZJ9ak/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/s6y3WjZJ9ak/">Bond family papers, 1839-1905</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...