The Resource Bernard Humphrey Walker diaries, 1902-1913
- Bernard Humphrey Walker diaries, 1902-1913
- Inclusive dates
- Russo-Japanese War, 1904-1905
- South, John
- Civil actions
- United States.
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Essex County
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Middlesex County
- Haynes, R. S
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 -- Inauguration, 1902
- Walker family
- Personal papers -- Virginia | King and Queen County
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Includes 3 manuscript diaries of Bernard H. Walker (1826-1917), of "Society Hill," Stevensville (King and Queen County), Virginia. They contain observations on local and national politics, community and family events, and court suits in King and Queen County. Vol. 1: Russo-Japanese War, Theodore Roosevelt and an account of his inauguration (p. 259), Virginia politicians, and genealogical notes. Vol. 2: abstract of the diary of John Walker (Bernard H. Walker's uncle, p.76-78), list of king and Queen County "home guards" (p, 139), reflections on the sale of "Society Hill," and an essay, "Falling from grace," regarding Dr. R.S. Haynes and John South. Vol. 3: diary kept while Walker was living with his children in Essex and Middlesex Counties and Norfolk, Virginia. Includes election day, 1912 (p. 51), and the sale and eventual destruction by fire of "Society Hill."
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Bernard Humphrey Walker diaries, 1902-1913
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bernard Humphrey Walker diaries, 1902-1913
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/sLnblswZc2Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/sLnblswZc2Y/">Bernard Humphrey Walker diaries, 1902-1913</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...