The Resource 1778-1844
- Inclusive dates
- Baptists -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Lancaster County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Minute books
- Church records -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Lancaster County (Va.) -- Church history -- 18th century
- Membership lists
- Morattico Baptist Church (Lancaster County, Va.)
- Birth registers -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- These minutes cover the period from 7 March 1778 to 28 February 1844. They are quite full and well written. Pages 125-129 contain a "Register of Children," 1775-1813, giving birth dates and parents. Membership lists appear on pages 3-5 (roll), 21-31 (dates to 1829), 108-121 (1824-1844). The lists are well organized and indicate the status of members for the dates indicated. This volume is also available on Miscellaneous reel 472
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm. (Misc. Reel 472).
- Biographical or historical data
- Constituted in 1778 to include all the Baptists scattered over the four lower counties of the Northern Neck, including Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland Counties, Virginia. For more information see, HISTORY OF THE BAPTIST CHURCHES WITHIN LIMITS OF THE RAPPAHANNOCK ASSOCIATION . . . , by J. D. McGill, 1850 and "Col. Robert Carter, A Baptist," in the VIRGINIA BAPTIST REGISTER, no. 8 (1969).
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Minute book
ContextContext of 1778-1844
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1778-1844
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/sXIo9Bp8r-Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/sXIo9Bp8r-Q/">1778-1844</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...