The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Nancy A. Benton, 1946-1981
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Nancy A. Benton, 1946-1981
- Inclusive dates
- Harris, Nancy A
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Wood, Richard M
- State government records -- Virginia
- Death certificates -- Virginia | Fredericksburg
- Birth certificates -- North Carolina | Craven County
- Birth records -- Virginia | Richmond
- Escheat -- Virginia
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 723156 contains a birth certificate for Richard M. Wood, born 23 February 1946 in Craven County, North Carolina; a notification of birth registration for Nancy A. Harris, born 29 September 1948 in Richmond, Virginia; three copies of the death certificate for Richard M. Wood, who died 14 November 1980 in Fredericksburg, Virginia; four certificates of ownership interment rights at Signal Hill Memorial Park, dated 17 November 1980 and 20 January 1981; and a social security award certificate for Nancy A. Wood, dated 21 December 1980
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Nancy A. Benton, 1946-1981
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Nancy A. Benton, 1946-1981
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/soTeAuNm9RA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/soTeAuNm9RA/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Nancy A. Benton, 1946-1981</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...