The Resource 1741-1871
- Inclusive dates
- Estate settlement costs -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Wills -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Guardian and ward -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Public records -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Claims -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Caroline County (Va.) -- History
- Caroline County (Va.)
- Decisions. -- Virginia | Caroline County
- Records, 1741-1871, of Caroline County consist of papers related to judgments (1741, 1803, 1871), a guardian's account (1801), an estate account (1805), a county claim (1850), and a copy of John Baylor's will (1808) that was used as an exhibit in the court case Pinkerton and others versus Baylor and others
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Caroline County was formed in 1728 from Essex, King and Queen, and King William Counties. Additional parts of King and Queen County were added in 1742 and 1762.
- Most loose records and deed books prior to 1836 and will books prior to 1853 were stolen, mutilated, and/or destroyed by Union troops who ransacked the courthouse in May 1864. A near-complete run of order books exists.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Caroline County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Caroline County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of 1741-1871
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1741-1871
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/suDbpkGAl-o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/suDbpkGAl-o/">1741-1871</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...