The Resource Cumberland Road in Virginia records, 1806-1893
- Cumberland Road in Virginia records, 1806-1893
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, maps (1841, 1851, n.d.) 3 items; reports, copies of acts, contracts, security bonds, receipts, accounts, and petitions, from the years 1806-1807, 1819, 1832-1861, 1893, n.d
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of Congress approved March 29, 1806, authorized construction of a road from Cumberland, Maryland, to the state of Ohio. The Cumberland Road in Virginia was located in and around Wheeling, then in Ohio County, Virginia. An act of the General Assembly passed February 7, 1832, authorized the Board of Public Works to accept maintenance and establish toll gates, when the U.S. Government released the Virginia portion (1833).
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 238
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Cumberland Road in Virginia records, 1806-1893
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Cumberland Road in Virginia records, 1806-1893
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/t92R4TV02pU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/t92R4TV02pU/">Cumberland Road in Virginia records, 1806-1893</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...