The Resource Leeds Manor Turnpike Company records, 1849-1853
- Leeds Manor Turnpike Company records, 1849-1853
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, list of stockholders, and a certificate of stock subscriptions
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved March 31, 1848, incorporated the Leeds Manor Turnpike Company, to construct a turnpike from Barbee's crossroads in Fauquier County to some point at or near the head of navigation on the Rappahannock River. Capital stock was set at $5,000, with the Board of Public Works authorized to subscribe to $2,000. May 29, 1852, the county court of Fauquier County was authorized to receive the second section of the turnpike from the company, if 5 miles had been completed. Six years later, March 15, 1858, the Board of Works released to Fauquier County all of state's interest in the company.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 300
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Leeds Manor Turnpike Company records, 1849-1853
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Leeds Manor Turnpike Company records, 1849-1853
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/tcLAi5yIrac/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/tcLAi5yIrac/">Leeds Manor Turnpike Company records, 1849-1853</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...