The Resource Powhatan County (Va.) Land Records, 1808-1856
- Powhatan County (Va.) Land Records, 1808-1856
- Inclusive dates
- Powhatan County (Va.) Land Records, 1808-1856. The records are comprised of three deeds and a land grant, as follows: two deeds conveying lands and real estate in St. Louis, Missouri, from John W. Nash and Edward W. Bass, Trustees for Martha Ashby, to Andrew Coons, 1852 June 25; a deed from William Bentley to Doctor Thomas Turpin and Doctor Francis Harris pertaining to the right of dower of Bentley's wife, formerly the wife of Benjamin Davis, 1808 Apr 2; and a grant of one hundred twelve and a half acres from Governor Henry Wise to Richard B. Stratton and E.W. Robinson, 1856 May 3
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Pittsylvania County was formed in 1766 from Halifax County.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Powhatan County Land Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Powhatan County (Va.) Land Records, 1808-1856
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Powhatan County (Va.) Land Records, 1808-1856
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/thHwYPAHSkg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/thHwYPAHSkg/">Powhatan County (Va.) Land Records, 1808-1856</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...