The Resource 1806-1981
- Inclusive dates
- Nansemond County (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Riddick family
- Riddicks Folly (Nansemond County, Va. : Dwelling)
- Nansemond County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Letters (correspondence)
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865
- Business records -- Virginia | Nansemond County
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Nansemond County
- Papers, 1806-1981, of the Riddick family of Nansemond County and Suffolk, Virginia consisting primarily of correspondence and legal and business items relating to the Riddick family. Family letters from the bulk of the material reflect social and family attitudes, commenting on the progress of the Civil War, and expressing opinions on individuals and local ocurrences. Early letters, 1806, 1814, include those from Matthias Jones, while in the House of Delegates in Richmond, to Joseph Prentis, a Suffolk attorney, and discuss pending legislation with local interest. Contains information on the house, "Riddick's Folly," built in Suffolk in 1839, and includes notes by Nathaniel Riddick, a member of the House of Delegates from Suffolk, at a December 8, 1865, meeting with Governor Pierpont in Richmond regarding the possibility of a African American uprising in Nansemond, Southampton, and Isle of Wight Counties
- Biographical or historical data
- Prominent family of Nansemond County, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1806-1981
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1806-1981
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uGY0pw5nY7o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uGY0pw5nY7o/">1806-1981</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...