The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Helen L. Hardy, 1942-1945
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Helen L. Hardy, 1942-1945
- Inclusive dates
- State-Planters Bank and Trust Company (Richmond, Va.)
- Wills -- Virginia | Richmond
- Poole, Augusta
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Hardy, Helen Landes
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Marriage certificates -- Georgia | Colquitt County
- State government records -- Virginia
- Letters (correspondence)
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Landis, Bessie M
- Hardy, Hugh P., Jr
- Powers of attorney
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 42943) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 4973528 contains a marriage license for Hugh P. Hardy, Jr. and Helen W. Landes, who married on 3 September 1942 in Colquitt County, Georgia; power of attorney dated 31 October 1942 for Hugh Parrett Hardy Jr. to Helen Landes Hardy, Richmond, Virginia; letters from the United States military (June-September 1944) pertaining to the death of Captain Hugh P. Hardy, Jr., killed 22 June 1944 in an airplane crash in Jorhat, India; power of attorney dated 19 January 1945 for Helen Landes Hardy to her mother Bessie M. Landis; limited power of attorny dated 19 January 1945 from Helen Landes Hardy to her aunt Augusta Poole; last will and testament of Helen Landes Hardy, Richmond, Virginia, dated 22 January 1945; limited power of attorney dated 22 January 1945 from Helen Landes Hardy to State-Planters Bank and Trust Company
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Helen L. Hardy, 1942-1945
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Helen L. Hardy, 1942-1945
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uKcrpfci3Ho/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uKcrpfci3Ho/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Helen L. Hardy, 1942-1945</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...