The Resource Alleghany Turnpike Company records, 1847-1848
- Alleghany Turnpike Company records, 1847-1848
- Inclusive dates
- These records include correspondence and court proceedings regarding recovery of damages from the Southwestern Turnpike Company for encroachment on the property of the Alleghany Turnpike Company. Records also include copies of other legal documents relating to the disposition of turnpike property owned by Henry Edmundson
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved December 31, 1805 authorized formation of the Alleghany Turnpike Company to construct a road from the head of the Roanoke River over the Alleghany mountains. The road was jointly owned by Elijah McClanahan and Henry Edmundson.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 203
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Alleghany Turnpike Company records, 1847-1848
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Alleghany Turnpike Company records, 1847-1848
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uQjvM9TYeps/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uQjvM9TYeps/">Alleghany Turnpike Company records, 1847-1848</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...