The Resource Patents of the Colonial Land Office, 1623-1774
- Patents of the Colonial Land Office, 1623-1774
- Inclusive dates
- Each volume is indexed individually except volumes 1, 6, 7, and 32; a separate, transcribed index exists for volume 14. Patent books 1-3 were transcribed from loose leaves between 1683 and 1694
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Colonial Land Office (Search Virginia Colonial Land Office as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- These records include recorded copies of patents for land issued by the English crown between 1623-1706 and 1710-1774. A few issued under the authority of the Virginia Company of London and presented for re-recording in order to affirm title are interspersed under their original dates. Following the introductory section noting the authority under which issuance was made are the name of the patentee, the description of the land, any reservations for the crown, and the date of issuance.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 2
- Citation source
- Land Office Inventory
ContextContext of Patents of the Colonial Land Office, 1623-1774
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Patents of the Colonial Land Office, 1623-1774
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ug3dKRH7xwc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ug3dKRH7xwc/">Patents of the Colonial Land Office, 1623-1774</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...