The Resource 1785-1791
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1785-1791, of John Cunliffe (ca. 1761-1824), a merchant in Richmond, Virginia, consisting of accounts, correspondence, and receipts, mainly from wholesale merchants and shippers. Many of the papers are between Cunliffe and individuals in the Tidewater Virginia area, and concern trade in salt and tobacco with firms in Liverpool and the West Indies
- Biographical or historical data
- John Cunliffe was born in Liverpool ca. 1761. He resided in Manchester, Virginia and was a commission merchant in Richmond. He married Esther Hughes in 1789. Cunliffe later became involved in the coal business, and was a partner with Nicholas Mills in the firm Mills & Cunliffe. He died at his residence on 19 June 1824 at the age of 63.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1785-1791
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1785-1791
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uhszNoxF18w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uhszNoxF18w/">1785-1791</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...