The Resource 1845 Aug.-1899 Jan
- 1845 Aug.-1899 Jan
- Inclusive dates
- 1845 Aug.-1899 Jan
- Virginia -- Social life and customs -- 19th century. -- Social life and customs
- Marriage records -- California
- Forrest, French, 1796-1866
- Personal papers
- Episcopal Church -- West Virginia | Clarksburg
- Forrest family
- Baptismal registers -- California
- Forrest, Douglas French, 1837-1902
- Christ Church (Clarksburg, W. Va.)
- Agriculture -- Virginia -- Accounting
- Episcopalians -- West Virginia | Clarksburg -- Clergy
- Episcopal Church -- Clergy
- Christ Church (Coronado, Calif.)
- Daybook, August 1845 - January 1899, kept by French Forrest, 1847-1861, and continued by his son, Douglas French Forrest, 1897-1899. The daybook entries covering 1847-1861, are mainly cash disbursements for household expenses, with personal notes interspersed. The entries for 1897-1899 in this volume are prefaced by the statement, "Expenses of moving from Clarksburg, W. Va. and the Rectorship of Christ Church to Christ Church, Coronado, California, for which I started Sept. 20." This section includes references to several marriages and baptisms performed by Reverend Douglas French Forest while he was in California. There are also rental, investment, farming and individual expenditure accounts, 1845-1870
- Additional physical form
- Also available on Misc. reel 884 (Accession 28307)
- Biographical or historical data
- The French family resided in Fairfax County, Virginia, prior to the Civil War. French Forrest (1796-1866) was a career Naval officer in the U. S. Navy until the Civil War, when he joined the Confederate Navy. His son Douglas French Forrest (1837-1902) also served in the Confederate Navy. He became a minister of the Protestant Episcopal Church in 1874 in Christ Church, Clarksburg, West Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of other archival material
- French Forrest Order Books, 1861-1862 (LVA accession 24768).
- French Forrest Letter Books, 1863-1864 (LVA accession 24769).
- French Forrest Military Commissions, 1861 (LVA accession 24770).
ContextContext of 1845 Aug.-1899 Jan
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1845 Aug.-1899 Jan
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ujxT6POpajk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ujxT6POpajk/">1845 Aug.-1899 Jan</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...