The Resource Records, 1815-1840
- Records, 1815-1840
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Agencies of State Government - Boards and Committees. General Board of Principal Assessors
- This series consists of the following records: Appeal Papers, Chesterfield County, 1815; Journals, 1819-1820, 1839-1840; Statements of the Valuation of Lands and Lots with Their Improvements, 1815
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in October 1782 the General Assembly passed an act appointing examiners to equalize assessments. By 1815 the examiners had evolved into a board of principal assessors. An act passed on 1 March 1819 directed what became known as the General Board of Principal Assessors to meet in Richmond and review assessments made by local boards.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 119
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Records, 1815-1840
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records, 1815-1840
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uuhwZ89H6P0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/uuhwZ89H6P0/">Records, 1815-1840</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...