The Resource Scott County (Va.) Fiduciary Records, 1850-1935
- Scott County (Va.) Fiduciary Records, 1850-1935
- Inclusive dates
- Scott County (Va.) Fiduciary Records, 1850-1935, consist of Settlements of Estates, Do-W (Boxes 67-71)--A-Di are missing. A fiduciary refers to a confidential and legal relationship which binds one person to act on behalf of another
- Biographical or historical data
- Scott County was formed from Lee, Russell and Washington counties by a statute adopted on 24 November 1814. The county court first met on 14 February 1815. Scott County was named for General Winfied Scott, a native of Virginia, in recognition of his victories during the War of 1812. General Scott was later commanding general of the American army during the war with Mexico.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Scott County Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia's web site.
ContextContext of Scott County (Va.) Fiduciary Records, 1850-1935
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Scott County (Va.) Fiduciary Records, 1850-1935
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/v3HbxaJXUhc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/v3HbxaJXUhc/">Scott County (Va.) Fiduciary Records, 1850-1935</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...