The Resource 1892-1894
- Inclusive dates
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- Virginia | Page County
- Business records -- Virginia | Page County
- Account books -- Virginia | Page County
- Agriculture, Cooperative -- Virginia | Page County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Page County
- Union Exchange Farmers' Alliance Store (Page County, Va.)
- Page County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Account book, 1892-1894, that records the accounts of individuals and companies with whom George W. Rothgeb, the owner of Union Exchange Farmers' Alliance Store, conducted business. Information found in each entry include date of transaction, items purchased, items purchased, services rendered, form of payment (cash, credit, barter, or check), and total amount owed and paid. Items transacted include fish, cigars, dry goods, salt, crackers, shoes, and sugar
- Biographical or historical data
- Union Exchange Farmers' Alliance Store conducted business in Luray, Virginia, during the late nineteenth century. The store sold goods to farmers and laborers who were members of the Page County Farmers' Alliance. The store was owned and operated consecutively by the following individuals. A. A. Printz, C. W. Broyles, George W. Rothgeb, and W. H. Keyser. All were county agents for the Page County Farmers' Alliance, however, the store was not a part of the organization.
- The account book was used as an exhibit in the deposition of George W. Rothgeb in a chancery suit, Stoneburner and Richards and others versus Page County Farmers' Alliance and others, heard in the Circuit Court of Page County during the mid-1890's.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Business Records
- Location of other archival material
- Page County Circuit Court.
ContextContext of 1892-1894
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1892-1894
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/vESH2Fy3YQ8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/vESH2Fy3YQ8/">1892-1894</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...