The Resource Isle of Wight County (Va.) Deed and Will Books, 1661-1779
- Isle of Wight County (Va.) Deed and Will Books, 1661-1779
- Inclusive dates
- Will books -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Deeds -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Wills -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Account books -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Isle of Wight County (Va.)
- Land records -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Isle of Wight County (Va.) -- History
- Deed Books, 1661-1719, of Isle of Wight County. The deed books record the name of the grantor and grantee, the residence of both individuals and the description of property being sold or transferred. The volumes have indexes which contains the first and last names of both parites. It is arranged alphabetically from A-Z
- Will Books, 1661-1779, of Isle of Wight County. The will books includes the name of testator, list of heirs and the year the wills were proven in court and probate records such as inventories and appraisements. Will Book No. 5 has account information which list the name of the deceased, date and a current list of outstanding debt. The will books have indexes
- Biographical or historical data
- Isle of Wight was formed in 1634 (original shire). Part of Nansemond County was added in 1769. Previous names Warrosquyoake from 1634-1637.
- The deed and will books of Isle of Wight County in this collection were created by the County Court.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Isle of Wight Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Isle of Wight County (Va.) Deed and Will Books, 1661-1779
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Isle of Wight County (Va.) Deed and Will Books, 1661-1779
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/vRDxVY8BYVI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/vRDxVY8BYVI/">Isle of Wight County (Va.) Deed and Will Books, 1661-1779</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...