The Resource Tax reports of public service corporations from the State Corporation Commission, 1895-2006
- Tax reports of public service corporations from the State Corporation Commission, 1895-2006
- Inclusive dates
- Includes annual tax reports of various public utilities operating within Virginia, including telephone and telegraph, now telecommunications, companies, Pullman companies, railroad companies, steamboat companies, car line companies, water companies, gas companies, electric companies, railroad special tax, motor vehicle carriers and Virginia Pilot's Association special tax, and motor vehicle carriers rolling stock companies. The reports list the amount and value of property owned, operating capital, gross receipts, and other data relevant to the assessment of taxes. The Commission abstracts data provided by the company and publishes printed statements which are distributed to local officials for use in the preparation of tax bills for companies operating in their respective geographic areas
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia State Corporation Commission. (Search author as Virginia State Corporation Commission).
- Member of
- State government records collection;, 23628, 24550, 25914, 26467, 26618, 26801, 27025, 27211, 27428, 27605, 27789, 28094, 28344, 28748, 29239, 30058, 30803, 30942, 31163, 31474, 31703, 31891, 32214, 32672, 33037, 34321, 34496, 34745, 34971, 35273, 35791, 40366, 41018, 41668, 42397, 43135, 4362, 44150, 44803, 45384, 50320, 50485, 51127, 51479, 51791, 51920
- Biographical or historical data
- The State Corporation Commission was created by the state constitution adopted in 1902 to replace the Board of Public Works.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Tax reports of public service corporations from the State Corporation Commission, 1895-2006
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Tax reports of public service corporations from the State Corporation Commission, 1895-2006
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/vvHytdT8x9I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/vvHytdT8x9I/">Tax reports of public service corporations from the State Corporation Commission, 1895-2006</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...