The Resource Rockingham Turnpike Company records, 1851-1860
- Rockingham Turnpike Company records, 1851-1860
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (n.d.), 1 item, map (1851), reports, lists of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions and petitions
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 18, 1850, approved incorporation of the Rockingham Turnpike Company to construct a macadamized turnpike road from some point at or near Stanardsville in Greene County, by way of Swift Run Gap, to some point on the Valley Turnpike. Joint capital stock was limited to $100,000, and the Board of Public Works was authorized to subscribe to $60,000. An increase of $50,000 was granted February 28, 1853, to extend the road from Standardsville to some point in Orange County on the Blue Ridge Turnpike.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 372
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Rockingham Turnpike Company records, 1851-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Rockingham Turnpike Company records, 1851-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wS4sXGM4_2I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wS4sXGM4_2I/">Rockingham Turnpike Company records, 1851-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...