The Resource 1798 Nov. 1
- 1798 Nov. 1
- Inclusive dates
- 1798 Nov. 1
- Lincoln Count (Ky.) -- History -- 18th century
- Deeds -- Kentucky | Lincoln County
- Quarrier, Alexander, 1746-1827
- Goodwyn, Bozwell
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Richmond
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Kentucky | Lincoln County
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Deed, 1 November 1798, for 600 acres in Lincoln County, Kentucky, from Bozwell Goodwyn of Petersburg, Virginia, to Alexander Quarrier (1746-1827) of Richmond, Virginia. This is apparently a transcript made from either the Lincoln County Deed Book or from the Kentucky Court of Appeals Deed Book. Deed is not located in either the Petersburg or Richmond deed books
- Biographical or historical data
- Alexander Quarrier was born 11 March 1746 (old style) in Scotland. He moved with his family to Edinburg, Scotland about 1750. At age 15, he was apprenticed to a coach maker. In 1768, Quarrier left Edinburg for Glasgow, Scotland, where he remained until 1774. That year, he left for New York, and eventually settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After serving in the American Revolution, Quarrier moved to Richmond, Virginia, about 1785, and became active in politics. Quarrier served as captain of the public guard, resigning in 1807. In 1811, he and his family moved to Kanawha County, Virginia, where he died 24 May 1827. Quarrier married first Elizabeth Dannenberry (1761-1797) of Philadelphia 1 January 1783, and they had eight children. He married second Sally Burns (1771-1852) of King William County, Virginia, 30 May 1798, and they had eight children.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of other archival material
- Alexander Quarrier Papers, 1808 (LVA accession 42897).
ContextContext of 1798 Nov. 1
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1798 Nov. 1
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/w_Hw_xdTlIY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/w_Hw_xdTlIY/">1798 Nov. 1</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...