The Resource King and Queen County (Va.) Tax Tickets and Receipts, 1853-1854
- King and Queen County (Va.) Tax Tickets and Receipts, 1853-1854
- Inclusive dates
- King and Queen County (Va.) Tax Tickets and Receipts, 1853-1854. Consist of tickets and receipts documenting personal property taxes paid by various heads of household in King and Queen County in 1853 and 1854. Receipts include names of heads of household and descriptions of the taxable personal property they owned, including the number of slaves, amount of livestock, and household furnishings
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- King and Queen County was formed in 1691 from New Kent County.
- Records were lost in courthouse fires in 1828 and 1833. Records were again destroyed by a courthouse fire set by Union troops on 10 March 1864 during the Civil War.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional King and Queen County Tax and Fiscal Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
- King and Queen County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional King and Queen County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of King and Queen County (Va.) Tax Tickets and Receipts, 1853-1854
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work King and Queen County (Va.) Tax Tickets and Receipts, 1853-1854
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wcDEr-gKDEs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wcDEr-gKDEs/">King and Queen County (Va.) Tax Tickets and Receipts, 1853-1854</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...