The Resource John Randolph letter, 16 Aug. 1832
- John Randolph letter, 16 Aug. 1832
- Inclusive dates
- 16 Aug. 1832
- Kentucky -- History -- 19th century
- Hundley, Elisha E., (Elisha Estes), 1800-1879
- Randolph, John, 1773-1833
- Charlotte County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Louisville (Ky.) -- History -- 19th century
- Maupin family
- Letters (correspondence)
- Rowan, John, 1773-1843
- Facsimile of a letter, 16 August 1832 from John Randolph of Roanoke (1773-1833) of Charlotte County, Virginia, to John Rowan (1773-1843) of Louisville, Kentucky, introducing Elisha E. Hundley (1800-1879) and asking Rowan to assist Hundley if necessary. Randolph also asks that the Maupin family assist Hundley. Randolph adds that his own health is bad
- Biographical or historical data
- John Randolph of Roanoke was born 2 June 1773 in Prince George County, Virginia and settled in Charlotte County, Virginia. A member of the prominent Randolph family, he was cousins with Thomas Jefferson and John Marshall. Randolph served in the United States House of Representatives from 1799 to 1813, 1815 to 1817, 1819 to 1825, 1827 to 1829, and 1833, and in the United States Senate from 1825 to 1827. Randolph was an adherent of states' rights and the strict construction of the federal Constitution. He died in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 24 May 1833, freeing his slaves in his will. Randolph was buried at his home in Charlotte County, and later reinterred in Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Special Collections, Alderman Library, University of Virginia.
ContextContext of John Randolph letter, 16 Aug. 1832
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work John Randolph letter, 16 Aug. 1832
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wpBpySGzZlE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wpBpySGzZlE/">John Randolph letter, 16 Aug. 1832</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...