The Resource New Market and Sperryville Turnpike Company records, 1849-1867
- New Market and Sperryville Turnpike Company records, 1849-1867
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1850), 2 vols. reports, lists of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions, petitions, and specifications, for the years 1849-1854, 1856-1861, 1865-1867
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 6, 1848, approved incorporation of the New Market and Sperryville Turnpike Company to construct a road from New Market in Shenandoah County to Sperryville in Rappahannock County. Initial joint capital stock was limited to $100,000, with the Board of Public Works' share set at $60,000; this was reduced March 19, 1849, to $50,000 total, with the Board subscribing to $30,000. An increase was granted March 6, 1851 of $15,000, and March 1, 1858, the company was authorized to charge a toll on the bridge across the Shenandoah River.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 343
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of New Market and Sperryville Turnpike Company records, 1849-1867
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work New Market and Sperryville Turnpike Company records, 1849-1867
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wvOP8V6h358/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/wvOP8V6h358/">New Market and Sperryville Turnpike Company records, 1849-1867</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...