The Resource Letter, 1862 Nov. 25,
- Letter, 1862 Nov. 25,
- Inclusive dates
- 1862 Nov. 25,
- Slaves -- Virginia | King William County -- King William County
- Romancoke (King William County, Va.)
- Lee, George Washington Custis, 1832-1913
- King William County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Lee, William Henry Fitzhugh, 1837-1891
- Personal papers -- Virginia
- Lee, Robert E., (Robert Edward), Jr, 1843-1916
- Letters (correspondence)
- African Americans -- Virginia | King William County
- Letter, 25 November 1862, from Robert E. Lee, Jr. (1843-1916), in Richmond, Virginia, to Mr. Collins at "Romancoke," King William County, Virginia, requesting that Collins find a fifteen to eighteen year old slave on the Romancoke estate that Lee can take to his brother, General William Henry Fitzhugh Lee (1837-1891) at Fredericksburg, Virginia, as a body servant. If he finds one, Collins is to send him to Lee in care of his brother Colonel George Washington Custis Lee (1832-1913) in Richmond
- Biographical or historical data
- Robert E. Lee, Jr., was born 27 October 1843 at Arlington to Robert E. Lee (1807-1870) and Mary Randolph Custis Lee (1808-1873). He attended the University of Virginia. During the Civil War, Lee served as a private in the Rockbridge Artillery and later was a captain in the Confederate Army. He married first Charlotte Taylor Haxall (1848-1872) 16 November 1871, and they had no children. He married second Juliet Carter (1860-1915) 18 March 1894, and they had two children. Lee died 19 October 1913 in Fauquier County, Virginia, and was buried in the Lee Chapel at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- The original is in the possession of Conway Rees.
ContextContext of Letter, 1862 Nov. 25,
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Letter, 1862 Nov. 25,
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/x-Tn-e9RkTo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/x-Tn-e9RkTo/">Letter, 1862 Nov. 25,</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...