The Resource 1887-1893
- Inclusive dates
- The Chapel Alliance No. 5 Organization Records consist of an account book and a minute book
- Account book, 1891-1893, of Chapel Alliance No. 5 used to record fees and dues collected on a quarterly basis from the organization's members. Information found in each entry includes date fees or dues were collected, name of member, and amount owed, and amount collected. Volume also records at the end of each quarter the total amount of cash in organization's treasury, total dues and fees collected, expenses paid by organization, dues owed to the county alliance, and total cash on hand. The last two pages of account book include a list of members, male and female
- Minute book, 1887-1891, of Chapel Alliance No. 5 that records the meetings of the organization's members. Information found in the minutes includes date and place of meetings, meeting agenda, brief summaries of committee reports and business discussions, election of officers, election of individuals applying for membership, and list of members, male and female. Volume is in poor condition due to damaged spine
- Biographical or historical data
- The Chapel Alliance No. 5 was organized on September 29, 1887 in Luray, Virginia. It was a subgroup of the Page County Farmers' Alliance whose purpose was to promote the economic and political interests of farmers. Membership in the Chapel Alliance No. 5 included men and women.
- The account book and minute book were used as exhibits in a chancery suit, Stoneburner and Richards and others versus Page County Farmers' Alliance and others, heard in the Circuit Court of Page County during the mid-1890's.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Organization Records
- Location of other archival material
- Page County Circuit Court.
ContextContext of 1887-1893
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1887-1893
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/x1F3IkSKtHE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/x1F3IkSKtHE/">1887-1893</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...