The Resource Thomas Tudor Tucker estate accounts, 1828-1832
- Thomas Tudor Tucker estate accounts, 1828-1832
- Inclusive dates
- Accounts, 1828-1832, of the estate of Thomas Tudor Tucker (1754-1828), by his executor and nephew Henry St. George Tucker (1780-1848). The volume includes executor's expenses, inventories of cash and certificates of stocks and bonds, inventories of books and other personal property, accounts with various individuals and businesses, and names of legatees and distributions made to them
- Biographical or historical data
- Henry St. George Tucker was born in Williamsburg, Virginia on 29 December 1780. He graduated from the College of William and Mary in 1798, and later studied law under his father, St. George Tucker. He was admitted to the bar and commenced his law practice in Winchester, Virginia. Tucker was a captain of cavalry in the War of 1812, and was then elected to the United States House of Representatives, where he served from 4 March 1815 to 3 March 1819. Afterwards, he served in the Virginia State Senate from 1819 to 1823. Tucker was chancellor of the fourth judicial district of Virginia from 1824 to 1831. He maintained a private law school, and was president of the Virginia Court of Appeals from 1831 to 1841. Tucker was also a professor of law at the University of Virginia from 1841 to 1845. He died in Winchester on 28 August 1848, and is buried in Mount Hebron Cemetery.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Thomas Tudor Tucker estate accounts, 1828-1832
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Thomas Tudor Tucker estate accounts, 1828-1832
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/x3zI-b0ISpA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/x3zI-b0ISpA/">Thomas Tudor Tucker estate accounts, 1828-1832</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...