The Resource 1811-1821
- Inclusive dates
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Hollingsworth and Parkins (Frederick County, Va.)
- Mills and mill-work -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Union Mills (Frederick County, Va.)
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Business records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Hollingsworth and Parkins Business Records, 1811-1821, consist of a daybook and ledger. Both volumes include references to Union Mills located in Frederick County
- Daybook records the mill's transactions as they occurred on a daily basis from October, 1811-January 1815. Information found in each entry includes name of customer or payments made by mill, amount of wheat, corn, rye, etc., ground, amount of flour, meal, etc., sold, and the amount owed and paid. Page numbers associated with each entry correspond with page numbers in ledger
- Ledger A records the individual accounts of customers. Each account records transactions in chronological order. Each entry lists date of transaction, style of transaction (merchandise purchased, service rendered, or form of payment), and amount owed or paid. Payments made by cash, credit, barter (wheat, rye, flour, wood, etc.,) or labor. Services rendered include grinding wheat, corn, and rye to produce flour and meal. Ledger also records the mill's controlling accounts including cash account, wheat account, mill account, and general charges
- Biographical or historical data
- Hollingsworth and Parkins was a mill partnership located near the town of Winchester.
- Both volumes were used as evidence in a chancery case heard in Frederick County Superior Court of Law and Chancery titled Isaac Hollingsworth versus Nathan Parkins.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Hollingsworth and Parkins Business Records
- Location of other archival material
- Library of Virginia.
ContextContext of 1811-1821
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1811-1821
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xFMZ_ISm_Ns/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xFMZ_ISm_Ns/">1811-1821</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...