The Resource Register of disallowed Civil War pension applications, 1902-1904
- Register of disallowed Civil War pension applications, 1902-1904
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Civil War. Pensions
- Volume contains names of applicants, dates claims were disallowed, and reasons for disallowance
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- After the end of Reconstruction the General Assembly began to assist financially Virginia Confederate Civil War veterans and their families. An act passed on 5 March 1888 provided pensions for soldiers disabled during the war and for widows of soldiers killed in the war. On 7 March 1900 pension benefits were extended to widows whose husbands had died during or after the war from wounds. An act passed on 2 April 1902 included widows whose husbands had died from diseases contracted during the war. The auditor of public accounts maintained registers of pensioners and kept accounts of pension payments.
- On 1 March 1928 the Office of the Comptroller in the Department of Accounts assumed the functions of the auditor with regard to pensions.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 191
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Register of disallowed Civil War pension applications, 1902-1904
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Register of disallowed Civil War pension applications, 1902-1904
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xUkqazeMA38/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xUkqazeMA38/">Register of disallowed Civil War pension applications, 1902-1904</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...