The Resource 1817 Apr. 23
- 1817 Apr. 23
- Inclusive dates
- 1817 Apr. 23
- Will, 23 April 1817, of Prettyman Merry of Buckingham County, Virginia. The will was proved 13 April 1818 in Buckingham County, and again in March 1818 in Bourbon County, Kentucky. It was admitted to record in Buckingham County Court, 9 March 1819. Disposes of real and personal property, including slaves. Some portions illegible
- Biographical or historical data
- Prettyman Merry (1742-1817), the son of Thomas Merry and Elizabeth Stephens, was born in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. He served with the Orange County, Virginia, militia during the Revolutionary War, obtaining the rank of captain. Merry spent some time in Kentucky, where he acquired land in Barren and Bourbon Counties. In 1769, he married Catherine Suggett (b. ca. 1746), a Kentucky native, in Orange County, Virginia. They had several children, including daughters Mary (Buckner), Elizabeth, Ann, Jemima, Catherine, Mildred, and Fanny (Moore), and sons James, John, and Samuel, who became a doctor. Prettyman Merry died 22 October 1817 in Buckingham County, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- The authenticated copy from which this photocopy was made can be found in Bourbon County, Kentucky, Will Book F, pp. 254-257.
ContextContext of 1817 Apr. 23
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1817 Apr. 23
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xswmtk94Qic/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xswmtk94Qic/">1817 Apr. 23</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...