The Resource Henrico County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1917-1918
- Henrico County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1917-1918
- Inclusive dates
- Muster rolls -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Military records -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Veterans. -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Henrico County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- World War, 1917-1918 -- Registers -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Henrico County (Va.)
- Virginia -- History -- World War, 1914-1918
- Local government records -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Henrico County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1917-1918, is a listing of men who served in one of the several branches of the armed services during World War I. Information included in the muster roll includes name, address (name of town), age, color, selective service (date drafted), volunteers for army, navy and marine corps (date accepted and which branch), National Guard and naval militia (date and where mustered), rank, branch, and remarks which include notations about date discharged, reason and date of deaths, whether someone was a chaplain, etc
- Stuck in the book is a copy of the pamphlet "Virginians Who Lost Their Lives in the World War" reprinted from the Annual Report Adjutant General of Virginia For Year Ending December 31, 1920
- Biographical or historical data
- Henrico County was named for Henry, Prince of Wales, the oldest son of James I. It was one of the eight original shires established in 1634.
- An act passed by the Virginia General Assembly on March 16, 1918 required the recordation of the names of drafted men. The chairman of each of the Local Draft Boards of the Virginia counties and cities were to furnish their clerk of court were deeds of land were recorded, with the list of residents who through the selective draft law have become members of the military forces of the United States. In cities that were separated into divisions, the chairman of the Local Draft Board of each division was to keep the records. In Richmond City, the Clerk of the Chancery Court was to keep the records. When the clerk of the court received this information, he was to copy it in a book or books provided for the purpose and also create an index for the book. The Adjutant-General of the State was to furnish a list of names of those who joined volunteer companies from the counties or cities. These lists are also to be recorded in to the book and also indexed. Persons joining the naval or military forces of the United States or its allies were allowed to have their record listed in the book. They or someone for them made an application and provide proof of service and when this was done; their record would be recorded in the book.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Henrico County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1917-1918
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Henrico County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1917-1918
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xvgILcU2WwI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xvgILcU2WwI/">Henrico County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1917-1918</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...