The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL
- !UNKNOWN LABEL
- Bowles, D. W. K., (Drury Wood Knight), 1802-1885
- Miller, John G
- Fluvanna County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Choirs (Music) -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, marquis de, 1757-1834
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Statement, n.d., of D. W. K. Bowles commenting on the Marquis de Lafayette's (1757-1834) visit to Wilmington, Fluvanna County, Virginia, which Bowles apparently erroneously dated as October 1824. Bowles records the lyrics of a song composed by John G. Miller for the occasion and sung by a choir. He notes that after the choir sang the song Lafayette replied. Bowles also writes of his reaction as an eyewitness to the entertainment. Robert D. Ward, in AN ACCOUNT OF GENERAL LAFAYETTE'S VISIT TO VIRGINIA IN THE YEARS 1824-25, cites the date of Lafayette's visit to Wilmington as 3 November 1824
- Biographical or historical data
- Drury Wood Knight Bowles was born 29 January 1802 in Fluvanna County, Virginia. He became a doctor and a prosperous farmer in Fluvanna County. He and his wife Mary Ann Richardson Bowles (1805-1879) had at least seven children. Bowles died 11 August 1885. He may have been buried at his family home Bowlesville before being interred in the Lyles Baptist Church Cemetery in Fluvanna County.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of !UNKNOWN LABEL
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work !UNKNOWN LABEL
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xykx2gt5k1g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/xykx2gt5k1g/">!UNKNOWN LABEL</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...