The Resource Patrick County (Va.) Court Records, 1820-1858
- Patrick County (Va.) Court Records, 1820-1858
- Inclusive dates
- Patrick County (Va.)
- Chancery causes -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Fiduciary records -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Legal notices -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Patrick County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Replevin -- Virginia
- Equity. -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Letters (correspondence) -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Patrick County
- Patrick County (Va.) Court Records, 1820-1858. The collection contains various documents removed from Patrick County court records, as follows: a letter from Jacob Johnston, in McMinnville, Tennessee, to Thomas Whitlock asking him to take care of his affairs in Patrick County and be a guardian to his son, 1820; a letter from Russell Hicks of Independence, Missouri, to Molley Adams, concerning a transaction involving Adams' half brother William Price, 1832, and used as an exhibit in the chancery case Adams vs. Penn; an answer from the chancery cause Administrator of William Moore vs. Williamson Smith and wife, 1839; a notice from the chancery cause James Dalton vs. Executors of James M. Read, 1842; a notice to take depositions in the Patrick County Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery case Isaac N. Haynes vs. John Stone, etc., 1846; an order from the chancery cause Leander Hughes, etc. vs. John Hughes, etc., 1850; a judgment, Barnett M. Price vs. Thomas Dehart and wife, etc., 1851; a letter from E.B. Turner to B.J. Campbell pertaining to the settlement of the estate of Tennisan (?), 1850; a notice pertaining to the settlement of the estate of Jesse P. Dehart, 1851; an order from the chancery cause Herbert Shelton vs. Milton R. Dodson, 1851; a letter, 1853, and an answer from the chancery cause Benjamin Frashur vs. Robert Delop, 1854; a letter from S. Beard to M.B. Frasier, 1856; and a wrapper from a deposition from the suit Tuggle and others vs. N.P. Adams, 1855
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Patrick County, like Henry County, was named for Patrick Henry. It was formed from Henry County in 1790.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information concerning the replevin of these items see Larry I. Vass Case records, 1781-1973, found at the Library of Virginia.
- Additional Patrick County court records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Patrick County (Va.) Court Records, 1820-1858
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Patrick County (Va.) Court Records, 1820-1858
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/y8y4DsH-MaE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/y8y4DsH-MaE/">Patrick County (Va.) Court Records, 1820-1858</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...