The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Willie Ann Clardy Womack, 1936-1958
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Willie Ann Clardy Womack, 1936-1958
- Inclusive dates
- Clardy, William
- Clardy, Frances
- Womack, John E
- Wiseman, Robert W
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Rogers, W. Howard
- Marriage certificates
- Financial records
- State government records -- Virginia
- Promissory notes -- Virginia | Danville
- Womack, Willie Ann Clardy
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Deeds -- Virginia | Pittsylvania County
- Hairston, Samuel M
- Jones, Langhorne, 1902-1988
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 50624) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 10543 contains a promissory note signed by Frances and Willie Clardy, 1936; a letter fragment addressed to Francis from Berlin, NJ, 1939; crop loan documents for Frances Clardy, 1940; a report on the tobacco allotment for William Clardy, 1940; a receipt for tobacco made out to Willie Clardy from the Producers Warehouse of Danville, 1941; an allotment and quote notice for tobacco from the U. S. Department of Agriculture, made out to Francis Clardy, 1941; a deed between Langhorne Jones, W. Howard Rogers, William Clardy, and Willie Ann Clardy for real estate in Pittsylvania County, 1945; Willie Ann Clardy's will, dated 1952; a marriage certificate for John Womack and Willie Ann Clardy, 1952; a deed between William Clardy, Willie Ann Womack, John Womack, Samuel Hairston, and Robert Wiseman for property in Pittsylvania County, 1956; and a promissory note signed by Willie Ann Womack from the American National Bank & Trust Company, 1958
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Willie Ann Clardy Womack, 1936-1958
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Willie Ann Clardy Womack, 1936-1958
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/yImRBlkVN7U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/yImRBlkVN7U/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Willie Ann Clardy Womack, 1936-1958</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...