The Resource Snicker's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1820-1895
- Snicker's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1820-1895
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, a map (1829), reports and lists of stockholders for the years 1820-1857, 1868-1871, 1874-1882, 1884-1890, and 1895
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works record group (RG#57)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly, passed January 29, 1810, approved incorporation of the Snicker's Gap Turnpike Company, to construct a road from Snicker's Gap in the Blue Ridge, to the Shenandoah River, towards Winchester, at the western extremity of the Little River Turnpike Road. Funding was increased and delays granted in 1822, 1823, 1824 and 1825. February 23, 1826, the company was given an additional year to complete the road, and authorized to raise by lottery the sum of $50,000 to finance a bridge across Goose Creek (which had been lost in high water), and to extend the termination of the road to Winchester.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 395
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Snicker's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1820-1895
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Snicker's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1820-1895
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ym4EWj34daQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ym4EWj34daQ/">Snicker's Gap Turnpike Company records, 1820-1895</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...