The Resource Edward Cunningham memorandum books, 1803-1814.
- Edward Cunningham memorandum books, 1803-1814.
- Inclusive dates
- Memorandum books, 1803-1814, of Edward Cunningham (1771-1836) of Richmond City and Goochland County, Virginia. There are two volumes containing accounts for shipping and freight charges, general merchandise, food and household goods, traveling expenses, legal fees, bank accounts, and various memoranda, many relating to work done at his plantation "Howard's Neck," including lists of slaves and labor accounts, and there is a diagram of a "perpetual still" with a description of its workings
- Biographical or historical data
- Edward Cunningham was born on 9 August 1771 in Church Hill, County Dawn, Ireland. He was the son of Richard Cunningham and Elizabeth Hope. He came to Virginia before 1790, and settled first in Petersburg, then moved to Richmond in 1811. Cunningham became a leader in the Richmond milling industry, operating Edward Cunningham and Company, and he was one of the founders of the Tredgar Rolling Mills. He also was a director of the Mutual Assurance Society and the Bank of Virginia, and also a member of the Richmond Common Council. Cunningham married Ariana Gunn McCartney (ca. 1770-1838) in Richmond, Virginia on 18 August 1796. They later resided at his plantation "Howard's Neck" in Goochland County. Edward Cunningham died in March 1836.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Edward Cunningham memorandum books, 1803-1814.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Edward Cunningham memorandum books, 1803-1814.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/yrCJJXHRFFk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/yrCJJXHRFFk/">Edward Cunningham memorandum books, 1803-1814.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...