The Resource John G. Gamble account book, 1824-1827
- John G. Gamble account book, 1824-1827
- Inclusive dates
- Cabell, William H, 1772-1853
- Cabell family
- Gamble family
- Gamble, John G., (John Grattan), 1779-1857
- Personal papers
- Bank stocks
- Gamble, Robert
- Farmer's Bank of Virginia
- Banks and banking -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Account books
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Ledgers (account books)
- Account book, 1824-1827, of John Grattan Gamble (1779-1857) who resided in Richmond, Virginia. Includes many personal and family banking transactions (bank shares, stocks, and bonds), including those held at Virginia Bank and Farmer's Bank. Names mentioned are Robert Gamble and William H. Cabell, among others. This collection is located on microfilm frames 51-67
- Biographical or historical data
- John Grattan Gamble was born 2 November 1779. Gamble was twice married. His first wife Charlotte Smith Duncan (1785-1809) of Chesterfield County, Virginia. Gamble's second wife was Nancy Peyton Greenup (1791-1860), the daughter of Christopher Columbus Greenup (ca. 1750-1818), former United States Representative and Governor of Kentucky, and Mary Catherine Pope. John Grattan Gamble served as an officer in the Virginia Militia during the War of 1812. Gamble also served as Secretary pro tem in the Virginia Assembly in 1825. In 1827 Gamble moved to Jefferson County, Florida, and established Waukeenah Plantation situated beside his brother Robert's cotton plantation Welaunee. John Grattan Gamble died 19 October 1857.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of John G. Gamble account book, 1824-1827
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work John G. Gamble account book, 1824-1827
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zGgZfjxr3p0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zGgZfjxr3p0/">John G. Gamble account book, 1824-1827</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...