The Resource Bedford County (Va.) Court Records, 1845-1849
- Bedford County (Va.) Court Records, 1845-1849
- Inclusive dates
- Bedford County (Va.)
- Depositions -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Replevin -- Virginia
- Envelopes -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Letters (correspondence) -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Equity. -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Chancery causes -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Bedford County (Va.) -- History
- Bedford County Court Records, (Va.), 1845-1849. The collection contains three documents removed from Bedford County court records: an envelope, possibly from the chancery cause, Echols vs. Johnston, 1845; the deposition of David Gish, from the suit, Admr. of Joseph H. Jeter vs. Admr. of William Greenwood, etc., 1847, heard in the Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery for Bedford County; and a letter, 1849, with the surnames Hurst, Graves, and Johnson
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Bedford County probably was named for John Russell, fourth duke of Bedford, who, as secretary of state for the southern department from 1748 to 1751, had general supervision of colonial affairs. It was formed from Lunenburg County in 1753, and parts of Albemarle and Lunenburg Counties were added later.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information concerning the replevin of these items see Larry I. Vass Case records, 1781-1973, found at the Library of Virginia.
- Additional Bedford County court records can be found on microfilm and in the Chancery Records Index at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" and the Chancery Records Index, both on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Bedford County (Va.) Court Records, 1845-1849
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bedford County (Va.) Court Records, 1845-1849
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zIrLx1r4qVA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zIrLx1r4qVA/">Bedford County (Va.) Court Records, 1845-1849</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...