The Resource 1757-1773
- Inclusive dates
- Waring, John
- African Americans -- Education -- 18th century
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Organization records -- Virginia
- Church of England -- Virginia -- History -- 18th century
- Church schools -- Virginia -- 18th century
- Proceedings -- Virginia
- Bray Associates
- Nicholas, Robert Carter, 1728-1780
- Letters (correspondence)
- Dawson, D
- Subscription lists
- African Americans -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Records, 1757-1773, of Bray Associates consisting of correspondence and other papers relating to a school for African Americans in Williamsburg, Virginia, founded and maintained by the Associates of Dr. Bray.
- Biographical or historical data
- A division of the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts, which was instrumental in providing libraries for the churches in America and setting up schools for the Christian education of blacks.
- John Waring was the secretary to the Associates of the late Dr. Bray.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Summary expansion
- Includes correspondence between John Waring, London, England, and Robert Carter Nicholson, Williamsburg, Virginia, as well as D. Dawson, of the College of William and Mary. Also included are "Rules proper to be observed by the teachers of negroes," and "Rules proper to be observed by the owners of negroes," proceedings, and a subscription list
ContextContext of 1757-1773
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1757-1773
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zNKr1PdF-Zc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zNKr1PdF-Zc/">1757-1773</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...