The Resource Augusta County, Va., 1833-1839
- Augusta County, Va., 1833-1839
- Title remainder
- Augusta County, Va.
- Inclusive dates
- Journal (Acc. 29431a; 1833-1834) records purchases of cloth, clothing, hardware, foodstuffs, tobacco and grain. Also recorded are entries for book titles, rents due, and sums paid to suppliers. Accounts are principally with individuals from Augusta and surrounding counties. The daybook (Acc. 29431b; 1838-1839) records entires for the purchase of cloth, clothing, hardware, foddstuffs, tobacco and grain
- Biographical or historical data
- Barterbrook is located north of Stuart's Draft in Augusta County, Virginia. 1833 tax records show David Guthrie and William Martin were licensed to operate a store at Barterbrook. The 1837 tax records show George E. Craig operating a store at this location. Craig's name appears in the front of this daybook.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Available for purchase: Edwards, Conley L., III et al., comps. A Guide To Business Records In The Virginia State Library And Archives. Richmond : Virginia State Library and Archives, 1994
- Form designation
- Daybook and journal
ContextContext of Augusta County, Va., 1833-1839
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Augusta County, Va., 1833-1839
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zSo9ummq9uI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zSo9ummq9uI/">Augusta County, Va., 1833-1839</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...