The Resource 1774 May 24
- 1774 May 24
- Inclusive dates
- 1774 May 24
- Broadside, 24 May 1774, issued by the Virginia House of Burgesses calling for a day of fasting, humiliation, and prayer in protest of the British occupation of Boston, Massachusetts. Contains the phrase "This Occassioned the dissolution. E. P.," in Edmund Pendleton's hand. This item is a negative photostat copy of the original housed in the Washburn Collection of the Massachusetts Historical Society
- Biographical or historical data
- Edmund Pendleton was born in Caroline County, Virginia on 9 September 1721. He served in the Virginia House of Burgesses (1752-1774) and was a representative to the 1st Continental Congress, president of the Virginia Committee of Safety (1774-1776), justice of Virginia Court of Chancery and Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, and president of the Virginia Convention to Ratify the U.S. Constitution (1788). He died in Richmond, Virginia on 23 October 1803.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Massachusetts Historical Society;
ContextContext of 1774 May 24
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1774 May 24
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zkKYh3JpDAU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/zkKYh3JpDAU/">1774 May 24</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...